Call for Articles and Manuscripts
You are invited to contribute to The American Association for Promoting the Child’s Right to Play, IPA/USA EJournal!
We seek articles that highlight research, projects, and practice about topics pertaining to play and play behaviors in the home, in school, on the playgrounds, and in the community.
Manuscripts may address advocacy, culture, games, and activities. Authors are encouraged to examine the ways that children play and how playful activities benefit development.
Themes and deadlines for upcoming issues:
• Spring 2021: Positive Play with Technology – due by 2/1/2021
• Fall 2021: Adaptive Play – due by 8/1/2021
Manuscripts on other topics are also welcome and accepted at any time.
Guidelines for manuscript submissions:
The IPA/USA E-Journal accepts manuscripts up to 2,500 words in length. All text should be featured in double-spaced, 12-point, Times New Roman Font, and APA format. Each submission should include a one-paragraph abstract of 150-175 words that describes the article as well as its significance to the study of play. Submissions are evaluated through a double-blind review.
• The names of the author and coauthors should appear only on the cover sheet.
• For each submission, include the contact information as well as a 40-word bio for every author/s.
• Authors should provide their phone, email, address of institutional affiliation, and research interests.
• The editors will communicate with authors about their status during the review process.
Please submit your paper via email by CLICKING HERE.
Dr. Vivien Geneser, Texas A&M University-San Antonio
Dr. Reece Wilson. James Madison University