Call for Papers
You are invited to contribute to The American Association for Promoting the Child’s Right to Play, IPA/USA EJournal!
We seek articles that highlight research, projects, and practice about topics pertaining to play and play behaviors in the home, in school, on the playgrounds, and in the community.
Manuscripts may address advocacy, culture, games, and activities. Authors are encouraged to examine the ways that children play and how playful activities benefit development.
Spring 2022 Issue:
Issue Topic: Play and the Development of Life Skills
Deadline for Submission: December 31, 2021
Articles focused on any of the following:
- Play nurtures relationships.
- Play promotes resilience.
- Play teaches stress management (physical health, counteracts adverse emotions).
- Play strengthens self-control.
- Play builds identity and shapes values.
- Play regulates emotions.
- Play drives creativity and self-expression
- Play empowers problem-solving.
- Play encourages empathy.
- Play transcends racial barriers.
Author interview – Rusty Keeler – Risky Play
Include any relevant photos as separate attachments, be sure to label photo 1, 2, etc.
List of all references and a contact number or email address.
Manuscripts on other topics are also welcome and accepted at any time.
Guidelines for submissions:
The IPA/USA E-Journal accepts manuscripts with a base word count of 1200 -1500 words (roughly 3 pages single spaced or 5 pages double spaced).
Please add a placeholder where photos should be located.
All text should be featured in single spaced, 12-point, Times New Roman Font, and APA format.
Each submission should include a one-paragraph abstract of 150-175 words that describes the article as well as its significance to the study of play. Submissions are evaluated through a double-blind review.
• The names of the author and coauthors should appear only on the cover sheet.
• For each submission, include the contact information as well as a 40-word bio for every author/s.
• Authors should provide their phone, email, address of institutional affiliation, and research interests.
• The editors will communicate with authors about their status during the review process.
Please submit your paper via email by CLICKING HERE.
Dr. Aerial Liese
Dr. Reece Wilson. James Madison University