MINI GRANT OPPORTUNITY
To be eligible for a grant, you must be a current member of IPA USA
The USA affiliate of the International Play Association (IPA USA) is pleased to announce the availability of mini-grants of up to $300 to play practitioners in the United States. You must be a member to apply.
- Promote play through professional development opportunities, such as conferences
- Promote advocacy for play by providing funds for those who work for or with children
- Work in coordination with our State Play Advocacy Chair to create local play days at community-based locations
- Develop play-based advocacy tools to share with families
- Eligible applicants include play practitioners who are members of IPA/USA.
- Grants awards are open year-round and range from $50 to $300. There is no deadline to apply. Requests will be accepted or denied within 60 days of receipt.
- Funds may only be used for the purpose(s) identified in the proposal.
- Grant awardees must submit a final report that documents the use of funds within 30 days of the completed project.
- Successful awards are highlighted in IPA/USA publications.
- Grants are awarded based on need and impact.
The applications should not exceed two pages in length and must include the following information in the order listed, or be submitted on this application:
- Date of request
- Contact information, including name, address, email, and phone number
- Name/Title of Project
- Description of need
- Description of how the money will be used to address the need
- The number of children or who will be impacted by the grant
- How will the success of the project be assessed
- Total project budget and the timeline for implementation
In addition to the one-page application, the following addendums (maximum two pages total) are required:
- A short bio of the person requesting and/or implementing the project.
- A copy of your business license, tax exemption letter, teaching credential or other documents that demonstrate your work in the field of play
- The organization’s purpose, mission, vision, or other pertinent information about the project as appropriate.
- Applications are accepted via email only to IPA/USA president.
- A committee reviews all Mini-grant proposals with approval or denial provided within 60 days of receipt.