Just released is the Porch Play Chat with Brad Roberts on the importance of access to play for children with disabilities.. Click on the Youtube or Facebook icon on the top right of the page to see the latest Porch Play Chat.
Brad has also provided a list of resources to help you find equipment that increases accessibility.
Inclusive and special needs public playground equipment:
- Inclusive Playground Equipment for Children from Playworld, https://playworld.com/inclusive-play
- Inclusive Playground Equipment for Children from Miracle-recreation, https://www.miracle-recreation.com/products/playground-solutions/inclusive-playground-equipment/
- Inclusive Playground Equipment for Children from Gametime, https://www.gametime.com/products/playground-equipment/inclusive-play
- Inclusive Playground Equipment for Children from Kompan, https://www.kompan.us/inclusive-play
- Inclusive Playground Equipment for Children from Landscape Structures, Inc., https://www.playlsi.com/en/playground-design-ideas/inclusive-play/
- Inclusive Playground Equipment for Children from Play and Park Structures, https://www.playandpark.com/products/inclusive
- Inclusive Playground Equipment for Children from Goric, https://goric.com/playground-catgeories/inclusive-play/
- Inclusive Playground Equipment for Children, https://maxplayfit.com/commercial-playground-equipment/inclusive-commercial-playground/
- Inclusive Playground Equipment from Little Tikes, https://littletikescommercial.com/our-products/commercial-playground-equipment/inclusive-and-accessible-playgrounds/
- Inclusive Playground Equipment from Superior Playgrounds, https://srpplayground.com/inclusive-play
- Special Needs Playground Equipment, http://specialneedsplaygroundequipment.com/ and https://www.specialneedsplayequipment.com.au/
- Special-Needs Playground Equipment from AAA State of Play, https://www.aaastateofplay.com/handicap-accessible/
The list of playground equipment manufactures listed above is intended to be a resource for people who are interested in learning more about commercial outdoor inclusive and special needs public playground equipment. Please note that I am not connected with any of the playground equipment manufacturers listed above, and I am also not endorsing any of them. These are playground equipment manufacturers that I know of at this time that offer inclusive and ADA accessible playground equipment in their product catalogs. There may be other playground equipment manufacturers located in the US and in other countries that may also offer commercial outdoor inclusive and special needs public playground equipment, and I encourage people who are interested in finding commercial outdoor inclusive and special needs public playground equipment to conduct their own search for other playground manufacturers who provide playground equipment for their community.
If you are interested in joining Lisa and I in a recording a Porch Play Chat, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and put in the subject line Porch Play Chat.